PuaHate Random

How do you know if you are good looking? Thread Tools Search Thread
11-14-2010, 02:16 AM
HitQuit
Banned

Ok, I am confused. I look in the mirror and i look good. I look in pictures and videos, and I look below average. What are some signs that good looking/handsome guys go through the day that affirm they are good looking? What are the signs a good looking person gets versus one that is ugly? Like for example:

1.) Good looking: Gets looks from 70 % of girls for longer than 1 second

Ugly: Girls dont look or turn head when you make eye contact

2) Good looking: Gets complimented on looks

Ugly: Gets complimented on looks only by friends and family

A list like that would be nice because I really dont know if I'm good looking or ugly. So I have to take the list you guys give me and apply it to my life. I know this sounds really loser esque, but I have been socially locked up for the past few years due to family problems, so I cant really tell based on recent experiences.

11-14-2010, 02:28 AM
AdamLambert

Or you can post a photo here, and let us be the judges

Seriously though, most guys are too harsh on their own looks. Most guys who call themselves ugly are actually just average.

In fact ugly guys like Bishop () actually have rugged, masculine features that women go for.

If you want to see some REAL ugly motherfuckers then go watch Scott Pilgrim, I've never seen a bigger bunch of ugly faced WEAK ass motherfuckers in my life.

11-14-2010, 02:33 AM
marsacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitQuit View Post
Ok, I am confused. I look in the mirror and i look good. I look in pictures and videos, and I look below average. What are some signs that good looking/handsome guys go through the day that affirm they are good looking? What are the signs a good looking person gets versus one that is ugly? Like for example:

A list like that would be nice because I really dont know if I'm good looking or ugly. So I have to take the list you guys give me and apply it to my life. I know this sounds really loser esque, but I have been socially locked up for the past few years due to family problems, so I cant really tell based on recent experiences.
when you are not sure if you re hot/ugly... you are probably average lookin and just need to get better fitting clothes...

11-14-2010, 02:37 AM
HitQuit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsacko View Post
when you are not sure if you re hot/ugly... you are probably average lookin and just need to get better fitting clothes...
How many points on the scale can clothes make you jump? Say, if an average guy is a 6, and you gave him incredible fitting clothes that looked great on him, as well as accessories etc. Could he jump to an 8?

11-14-2010, 02:38 AM
AdamLambert

No, you jump 0.5 points only.

11-14-2010, 02:39 AM
HitQuit
Banned

Lol thanks, but still waiting for a nice detailed list.....

11-14-2010, 02:50 AM
puaguru

if you are really good looking you will know. If your not sure your not good looking. By good looking im talking way above average.

11-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Uncle Stickyhands

If you can look into a mirror and think - "hey, if I was a girl I'd do me."

11-14-2010, 03:57 AM
marsacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Stickyhands View Post
If you can look into a mirror and think - "hey, if I was a girl I'd do me."
advanced: look in the mirror and do yourself...

11-14-2010, 04:57 AM
onenatural

Easy, put yourself on hotornot.com, get rated.

When the fuck did you get that idea?

11-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Random Tags

ratisse no home

11-14-2010, 07:34 AM
gerad

If your questioning whether your goodlooking, that means your goodlooking. You wouldn't be questioning it otherwise. There may be better looking people, nobody is perfect though, but your still good looking

11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Ssandro

If you're actually good looking, girls will have told you it quite regularly in your life. Even if they're not attracted to you, they will often still tell you it. Girls talk about it with their friends quite objectively, it doesn't necessarily mean they're attracted to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenatural View Post
I thought that site is so inflated, it only works if you subtract 9 from your score. If you get 9.9, maybe you're a 9. If you get 9.8, you're an 8. If you get 9.7, you're a 7 etc, that's how inflated it seems. The site owners massively inflate the scores to make people feel good, which improves their traffic statistics, and earns them more money

11-14-2010, 10:40 AM
You Are Fucking Faggots

put yourself on dating sites and see how you do

11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
gravitycantforget

Quote:

Its simple if you are good looking girls will get nervous around you and laugh a lot and say that you have a great personality and have a good sense of humour - even if you have the sense of humour and personality of a potato. This is assuming your body weight is pretty close to norm for your height and build.

11-14-2010, 01:34 PM
gravitycantforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLambert View Post

If you want to see some REAL ugly motherfuckers then go watch Scott Pilgrim, I've never seen a bigger bunch of ugly faced WEAK ass motherfuckers in my life.
Agreed on Scott Pilgrim ...that actor I feel like slapping him round the head!

11-14-2010, 02:14 PM
slowking

This thread isn't helping me at all lol.

I'll settle with average with "cute" features.

11-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Fu Manchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenatural View Post
Don't go crying to Mama though if you put a pic of yourself on that website and end up getting a shitty rating, like 80% of the guys on there usually average.

11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Rich

This may be useful to you. Beauty is not fully understood yet but some things have been found by experiment.

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakulta...lish/index.htm

Ideal genetic beauty of a guy seems to be (IMO):
* Smooth flawless skin (backed by studies in the link)
* Mesomorphic or Ecto-meso body types (search "hot guys" and "male models" and you will normally see a high frequency of these body types, but also some endo and ecto)
* Facial symmetry and a blend of masculine and slightly femine features (backed by studies - slightly feminized morphed male faces were rated more attractive than averaged morphed male faces)

Then fitness is a huge component to looks, as well as grooming and clothes. Also the context a guy is seen; his status etc will blur into their perception of how "good-looking" he is, as you probably know. I think girls will say celebrities are better looking than "normal" guys who look identical to them, and probably even "normal" guys who are better looking.

But who knows if the genetic component of a persons looks can limit them in any way? All the PUA companies seem to claim it doesn't, but IMO its rare to see mismatched genetic quality in a couple unless a guys status is ridiculously high.

On skin - you can do various things to improve the quality of your skin, and various more to improve its appearance solely. On face shape - you can use hair styles to draw attention to or away from various parts of your face (eg long hair for a big nose - I think), and similarly use clothes to make your body appear wider or narrower (eg tight fitting accentuates muscles, horizontal stripes makes a body appear wider, vertical stripes slimmer). Perhaps with clothes colours you can by contrast make your skin appear lighter or darker as desired, too.

Other than that I guess you'd have to genetically engineer babies to control other aspects of looks.

Also I believe that if you're of a different ity to a girl, (eg White-Asian) you offer her higher genetic/reproductive value, and if you're of a rare ity in your community you also offer a little more genetic value potentially IMO because of diversity. I might do a study to test this, because Asian girls are clearly entranced by white guys but it could be due partly or totally to positive stereotypes (they are surprised to learn than not all British guys live in castles).

Edit:
Note if you put yourself on HOTorNOT, at best you're establishing how attractive people perceive you based on a single flat picture with all kinds of factors influencing their value judgment. Eg compare a shit quality webcam photo in a messy room with bad lighting to a professional photoshoot picture. The same person will get vastly different ratings. Lack of the third dimension can make masking unattractive features easy.

11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
HitQuit
Banned

Wow, truly an amazing post, thanks rich, that gave me a lot of info man, thanks so much.

But I just have one question, when you said the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Also I believe that if you're of a different ity to a girl, (eg White-Asian) you offer her higher genetic/reproductive value, and if you're of a rare ity in your community you also offer a little more genetic value potentially IMO because of diversity.
Does this mean that if you are a different race than the girl, it is easier to attract her? Like if a good looking hispanic male approached a white women, and a good looking white man approached the same women, the hispanic would have a better chance for the reason you stated above?

11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Bullshit

Who gives a fuck if you're good looking, stop being an egotistical wanker.

02-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Rich

Quote:
Wow, truly an amazing post, thanks rich, that gave me a lot of info man, thanks so much.

But I just have one question, when you said the following:

Does this mean that if you are a different race than the girl, it is easier to attract her? Like if a good looking hispanic male approached a white women, and a good looking white man approached the same women, the hispanic would have a better chance for the reason you stated above?
Just my theory, and yes.

Also there is some evidence to suggest girls are more attracted to masculine, dominant-looking faces (reproductive value: contributing genes) when they are in their most fertile phase of their menstrual cycle, and are more attracted to more feminine nice-guy looking faces (self+offspring survival value: contributes resources) when in the less fertile times. Women claim they feel more threatened by masculine faces and feel less trusting, but also feel more excited.

I think this is pretty well-known evolutionary psychology.

Note that for women, youth correlates to reproductive value in terms of fertility and number of children possible to have (younger means more fertile and more time for more babies). And as women age the likeliness of error's in their babies genes increases dramatically (more dramatically after around 25-30). For men, though, the decline in sperm quality is very gradual.

If you want to quantify how good looking you are it will be difficult to do well, but you could try to find a program that morphs your face towards and away from an average male face. Morphing towards the average should make your unique features more balanced, away should make them more distinctive and exagerrated (much like cartoonist's caricatures).

As of now, I believe disproportioned facial features represent slight errors in gene copying during reproduction, and are therefore less attractive than average features, meaning we're not all born equal in the game. I don't believe what Tyler emphatically says about looks being 'NO FACTOR!', maybe he is trying to convince himself? Apparently the good-looking guys I know who get extremely hot girls without trying are 'anomalies'. I'll believe it when I see ugly non-celebrity guys married to girls way better looking than them. I think if you're good looking, girls will throw themselves at you; all you have to do is not fuck it up.

02-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Nimbus

You have to never ever get rejected, and consistently bang 9's and 10's to be good looking.

02-13-2011, 03:39 PM
jankinoff

If you get come-on signals consistently from >6's, then you are at least somewhat good looking. You are good looking if you get come-on signals consistently from >7's.

02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
HitQuit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jankinoff View Post
If you get come-on signals consistently from >6's, then you are at least somewhat good looking. You are good looking if you get come-on signals consistently from >7's.
Then I am not (sad face) I get signals occasionally from 3's, 4's, and 5's aka fat chicks or girls with busted faces. I will occasionally get signals from a 6 once in a blue moon. I have been rejected the majority by 7's and 8's. I dont even approach 9's, because I know the outcome....

The girls that like me are gross, either they have dog faces or ogre bodies....ewwww

02-13-2011, 04:33 PM
gerad

By societys standards?

When 51 percent of people you meet tell you your goodlooking

02-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Uncle Stickyhands

Quote:
Then I am not (sad face) I get signals occasionally from 3's, 4's, and 5's aka fat chicks or girls with busted faces. I will occasionally get signals from a 6 once in a blue moon. I have been rejected the majority by 7's and 8's. I dont even approach 9's, because I know the outcome....

The girls that like me are gross, either they have dog faces or ogre bodies....ewwww
Jesus - go and get plastic surgery already!

02-15-2011, 06:22 PM
shutupwoman

go to 4chan dot org

then go to the board /b/ and post your picture + rate me. its totally anonymous and people forget about you within 10 seconds

people there will give you a 100% honest opinion if not even a lilttle lower than your real rating.

anywhere else people will give you bullshit to not try to hurt you or whatever.

02-15-2011, 09:20 PM
PokerFace

go to /soc/ cancerboy